We’ve had several recent questions about how best to use NO THRUSH on Scratches (greasy heel) so I thought I’d define the best treatment protocols here.
1. Do NOT wash the leg.
2. Do NOT scrub off the scabs. Simply leave it alone.
3. Dust No Thrush on to the affected area. Use a soft brush to help coat the entire area, and also try to brush against the grain so dust gets under the coat.
4. Apply once per day. (and re-apply after any bathing, etc.)
A few notes.
* If you must wash the horse, or if he/she is wet from the elements, try your best not to get the scabs soggy. Gently dry the leg with a towel until fully dry.
* We have had some clients using various ointments and washes, etc in conjunction with No Thrush, but eventually they had the best success by following the above treatment plan. The general rule of thumb is: The less you mess, the better.
*Treatment time varies, but the typical case of scratches takes 5-7 days when using No Thrush.
Hope that helps!
No Thrush – First Ever DRY Formula